A Comparison of Cryptocurrency Price Trackers | Bitwise crypto index & Crypto Markets Plunge
What is the most accurate crypto price tracker? Bitwise crypto index & Crypto Markets Plunge
Crypto markets have been volatile in the run-up to Wednesday’s Fed meeting where a 50 bps (basis points) hike is expected. The Bitcoin correlation to tech remains near all-time highs, and its outlook in the near term will likely follow that of the NASDAQ.
As for the performance of our various indexes, they are all in the red again (see charts one and two). Our metaverse index is down the most at 22%. Our smart contract, DeFi and privacy indexes are all down between 15% and 18%. Bitcoin is down the least at five percent.
- Smart contract platform index Ethereum (ETH) is down the least at five percent, and Fantom (FTM) is down the most at 28%.
- DeFi index Yearn.finance (YFI) is down the least at eight percent, and Thorchain (RUNE) is down the most at 25%.
- Metaverse index Aavegotchi (GHST) is down the least at two percent, and Phantasma (SOUL) is down the most at 31%.
- Privacy index Decred (DCR) is down the least at 10%, and Dusk Network (DUSK) is down the most at 26%.
- Bitcoin index his is down five percent.
What are in the five indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin crypto market. The OG of crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other
- Smart contract platforms Cardano (ADA), Avalanche (AVAX), Solana (SOL), Fantom (FTM), VeChain (VET), Terra (LUNA), EOS (EOS) and Chainlink (LINK). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. As well as Ethereum, we also include some key competitors. The constituents of this index are Ethereum (ETH),
- Metaverse Axie Infinity (AXS), The Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Aavegotchi (GHST), Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK), Ultra (UOS), Phantasma (SOUL), RedFOX Labs (RFOX) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. The constituents of this index are
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Aave (AAVE), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Yearn.finance (YFI), Loopring (LRC), PancakeSwap (CAKE), Maker (MKR), 1inch (1INCH), Thorchain (RUNE) and Terra (LUNA). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending/borrowing, yield farming, automated market making and decentralized exchange tokens. The constituents of this index are
- Privacy coins Monero (XMR), Zcash (SEC), Dash (DASH), Verge (XVG), Horizen (ZEN), Beam (BEAM), Secret (SCRT), Decred (DCR), Keep Network (KEEP) and Dusk Network (DUSK). oins that obscure transactions on the blockchain to maintain the anonymity of its users and their activity. The constituents of this index are